This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, rs6000] Fix PR65171
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Bill Schmidt <wschmidt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 18:31:17 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, rs6000] Fix PR65171
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1424902129 dot 3445 dot 23 dot camel at gnopaine>
On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 5:08 PM, Bill Schmidt
> https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=65171 identifies a bug when
> compiling portions of the Boost library. The problem occurs in the swap
> analysis phase. Any operand that is TImode or a subreg of TImode is
> supposed to disable the swap optimization for the web of instructions
> that includes it. A logic error allowed this to behave properly for
> V1TImode, but not for TImode. This patch corrects that oversight.
> The original test case is not suitable for use (far too large and
> proprietary). I am attempting to come up with a reduced test that shows
> the problem but don't yet have one. Since this is a pretty obvious fix
> I would like to go forward with the patch, and add a test case at a
> later time, if that's ok with you.
> Bootstrapped and tested on powerpc64le-unknown-linux-gnu with no
> regressions. Is this ok for trunk?
> 2015-02-25 Bill Schmidt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * config/rs6000/rs6000.c (rs6000_analyze_swaps): Ensure
> instructions with TImode operands are included in the analysis.
I assume that support for PTImode is unnecessary because PTI is
limited to GPRs and never will appear in VRs, so would not be the root
of an appropriate web.
Yes, testcase at a later time, when it can be reduced.