This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, 2/2][ARM]: New CPU support for Marvell Whitney
- From: James Greenhalgh <james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>
- To: Xingxing Pan <xxingpan at marvell dot com>
- Cc: "nickc at redhat dot com" <nickc at redhat dot com>, "paul at codesourcery dot com" <paul at codesourcery dot com>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, Kyrylo Tkachov <Kyrylo dot Tkachov at arm dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Xinyu Qi <xyqi at marvell dot com>, Liping Gao <lgao1 at marvell dot com>
- Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 14:20:32 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, 2/2][ARM]: New CPU support for Marvell Whitney
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5493DF85 dot 6050309 at marvell dot com> <20141219093534 dot GA26486 at arm dot com> <5493FE08 dot 1050309 at marvell dot com> <549405FF dot 3050106 at marvell dot com> <54EDD14F dot 3010508 at marvell dot com>
On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 01:42:39PM +0000, Xingxing Pan wrote:
> This patch expanding the following RTL types. And it has been merged to the latest code base.
> (neon_logic): Expand to neon_logic_reg and neon_logic_imm.
> (neon_logic_q): Expand to neon_logic_reg_q and neon_logic_imm_q.
> (neon_from_gp): Expand to neon_from_gp and neon_from_gp_scalar.
> (neon_from_gp_q): Expand to neon_from_gp_q and neon_from_gp_scalar_q.
> (neon_to_gp): Expand to neon_to_gp and neon_to_gp_scalar.
> (neon_to_gp_q): Expand to neon_to_gp_q and neon_to_gp_scalar_q.
> Is it OK for trunk?
I've had a look through the AArch64 parts, and they look OK to me
(though only Marcus or Richard can approve them), I have one additional
> ;; In this insn, operand 1 should be low, and operand 2 the high part of the
> diff --git a/gcc/config/aarch64/aarch64.md b/gcc/config/aarch64/aarch64.md
> index 8f157ce..8be2ebf 100644
> --- a/gcc/config/aarch64/aarch64.md
> +++ b/gcc/config/aarch64/aarch64.md
> @@ -828,7 +828,7 @@
> [(set_attr "type" "mov_reg,mov_imm,mov_imm,load1,load1,store1,store1,\
> - neon_from_gp<q>,neon_from_gp<q>, neon_dup")
> + neon_to_gp_scalar<q>,neon_from_gp<q>, neon_dup")
> (set_attr "simd" "*,*,yes,*,*,*,*,yes,yes,yes")]
Here you change neon_from_gp<q> to neon_to_gp_scalar<q>.
This looks like the correct thing to do, but would you mind pulling it out
to a separate patch, first changing neon_from_gp<q> to neon_to_gp<q>?
I'd just like to have the bug-fix separate from the bigger infrastructure