This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] PR debug/58123: Set correct location for TRY blocks
- From: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh at redhat dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 11:37:52 -0800
- Subject: Re: [patch] PR debug/58123: Set correct location for TRY blocks
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54E61BE5 dot 9090209 at redhat dot com> <54E61DE2 dot 5010401 at redhat dot com> <54EB7366 dot 9030205 at redhat dot com>
On 02/23/2015 10:37 AM, Jason Merrill wrote:
On 02/19/2015 12:31 PM, Aldy Hernandez wrote:
As explained in the PR, I would ideally like to get rid of the kludge
where we set the location of location-less FINALLY statements to be that
of the TRY statement, but that may be by design, and/or beyond the scope
of this fix.
This reminds me of the semi-recent change to disassociate variable
cleanups with the location of the declaration. I think Jakub added a
pass specifically for this purpose? I think making the change you
suggest would make sense, but probably as a separate patch.
Absolutely, and that's why I closed the PR with the fix to the
TRY_FINALLY gimple code. That at least fixes the regression.