This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] rs6000: Fix HTM tcheck assembly encoding
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <azanella at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 14:23:30 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] rs6000: Fix HTM tcheck assembly encoding
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54E7728B dot 1040706 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
On Fri, 2015-02-20 at 15:44 -0200, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> * config/rs6000/htm.md (tcheck): Fix assembly encoding.
> * gcc.target/powerpc/htm-builtin-1.c: Fix tcheck expect value.
You are correct that the tcheck insn does not have a '.' in its mnemonic,
so maybe this patch falls under the obvious rule?
It also goes to show that no one has actually used __builtin_tcheck()
before in a real progran, since the assembler would have flagged this
as an unknown opcode.
Thanks for fixing my mistake!