This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][testsuite] Abort on failure in gcc.dg/pr30957-1.c
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom de Vries <Tom_deVries at mentor dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 10:42:36 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][testsuite] Abort on failure in gcc.dg/pr30957-1.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54E6FDA2 dot 5030408 at mentor dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 10:25:54AM +0100, Tom de Vries wrote:
> this patch reverses the abort logic in pr30957-1.c, such that it aborts on
> failure rather than on success.
That sounds really weird. From the description it looks like it is a known bug
that we don't return -0.0.
If 0.0 is the right return value instead, I'd the test should be written as
if (__builtin_copysignf (1.0, foo (0.0 / -5.0, 10)) != 1.0)
to make it clear you are expecting positive 0.