This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Offloading vs va_list (was: nvptx offloading patches [2/n])
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Thomas Schwinge <thomas_schwinge at mentor dot com>
- Cc: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>, Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 10:39:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: Offloading vs va_list (was: nvptx offloading patches [2/n])
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5454C944 dot 4090107 at codesourcery dot com> <20150204105554 dot GL1746 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <CAFiYyc090-qas3vPUgLxQ_LHtZPvy5ee5NK3+BHPQLDVcBbfpA at mail dot gmail dot com> <54E36E30 dot 8040408 at codesourcery dot com> <20150217171001 dot GZ1746 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <54E3AAC4 dot 2050601 at codesourcery dot com> <20150219130929 dot GG1746 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <87egpllyfh dot fsf at schwinge dot name>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 10:33:38AM +0100, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 14:09:29 +0100, Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 09:55:32PM +0100, Bernd Schmidt wrote:
> > > On 02/17/2015 06:10 PM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> > > >
> > > >What exact testcase are you trying to fix with this patch, and how do you
> > > >think offloading of code using va_list can work?
> > >
> > > The exact testcase is any offloaded program - streaming in lto will crash if
> > > there is a mismatch in these preloaded nodes.
> > could following untested patch be used as a temporary hack?
> Thanks! I'll leave the approval to Bernd, but can already report that
> this works fine in my testing, for intelmic and nvptx offloading.
Richard already approved it if it helps anything. So, if your testing
suggests it helps something, I'll apply it.
The mode_table patch is still awaiting approval, and Bernd's approved patches
aren't applied, ditto your toplevel configure patch.