This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][2/5] Add gimple_find_sub_bbs
- From: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: Tom de Vries <Tom_deVries at mentor dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 13:41:05 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][2/5] Add gimple_find_sub_bbs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54E5BB06 dot 2080102 at mentor dot com> <54E5C14D dot 1010609 at mentor dot com>
On Thu, 19 Feb 2015, Tom de Vries wrote:
> On 19-02-15 11:29, Tom de Vries wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm posting this patch series for stage1:
> > - 0001-Disable-lang_hooks.gimplify_expr-in-free_lang_data.patch
> > - 0002-Add-gimple_find_sub_bbs.patch
> > - 0003-Factor-optimize_va_list_gpr_fpr_size-out-of-pass_std.patch
> > - 0004-Handle-internal_fn-in-operand_equal_p.patch
> > - 0005-Postpone-expanding-va_arg-until-pass_stdarg.patch
> > The patch series - based on Michael's initial patch - postpones expanding
> > va_arg
> > until pass_stdarg, which makes pass_stdarg more robust.
> > Bootstrapped and reg-tested on x86_64 using all languages, with unix/ and
> > unix/-m32 testing.
> > I'll post the patches in reply to this email.
> This patch adds gimple_find_sub_bbs. The function adds a gimple sequence at a
> point in a basic block, and takes care to split up the sequence itself into
> new basic blocks where necessary.
> OK for stage1?
I hope we can get rid of this again (which needs re-writing of all
targets va-arg gimplification hooks... - we are in need of some
generic diamond/triangle CFG pattern builders anyway).
Ok with a comment on the function that this is transitional and
should not be used in new code.