This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Merge current set of OpenACC changes from gomp-4_0-branch
- From: Ilya Verbin <iverbin at gmail dot com>
- To: Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Thomas Schwinge <thomas at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 15:25:16 +0300
- Subject: Re: Merge current set of OpenACC changes from gomp-4_0-branch
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87egqvu77s dot fsf at schwinge dot name> <20150116231632 dot GB48380 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <20150123172053 dot GA22341 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <87lhkpr70s dot fsf at schwinge dot name> <20150126143426 dot GA8810 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <20150127140741 dot 3f6d650b at octopus> <20150203112844 dot GA54416 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <20150203130000 dot 7be35f5e at octopus> <20150203200104 dot GB54416 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <20150204150545 dot 2628ad35 at octopus>
On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 15:05:45 +0000, Julian Brown wrote:
> This (WIP) patch is based on top of a version of your patch that I
> merged to our internal branch: that's still the easiest way for me to
> test the PTX backend (with unloading support) at present, and it passes
> libgomp testing that way. Trunk should be fairly close, but I haven't
> tried applying it there yet.
> The major changes are:
> * The removal of the OpenACC-specific plugin hooks open_device,
> close_device, set_device_num and get_device_num. The functionality
> has been moved into the init/fini hooks (for the first two) or moved
> into the target-independent OpenACC parts, respectively.
> * The PTX mkoffload utility has been extended to support variables as
> well as function mapping, to fill out support for the load/unload
> image hooks. (Not really tested so far!)
> * The plugin hooks that are shared between OpenMP and OpenACC now
> support the "device number" argument properly: that should help with
> (eventually) unifying the plugin interface for the two APIs. (With
> set_device_num and get_device_num removed, the plugin is "stateless"
> with respect to which device is currently active. The rest of the
> OpenACC hooks -- async functions, etc. -- should probably be changed
> to take a device number argument too, but that could be a follow-on
> * The limitation of having only one type of device active simultaneously
> in the OpenACC runtime has (theoretically!) been removed.
I have no comments here since I'm not familiar with OpenACC and PTX, but I hope
that Thomas and Jakub will review this and my corresponding patches , 
before the final closure of the trunk.