This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: nvptx offloading patches [2/n]
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 21:55:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: nvptx offloading patches [2/n]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5454C944 dot 4090107 at codesourcery dot com> <20150204105554 dot GL1746 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <CAFiYyc090-qas3vPUgLxQ_LHtZPvy5ee5NK3+BHPQLDVcBbfpA at mail dot gmail dot com> <54E36E30 dot 8040408 at codesourcery dot com> <20150217171001 dot GZ1746 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On 02/17/2015 06:10 PM, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
What exact testcase are you trying to fix with this patch, and how do you
think offloading of code using va_list can work?
The exact testcase is any offloaded program - streaming in lto will
crash if there is a mismatch in these preloaded nodes.
For OpenACC programs using va_list - I don't expect them to work at all.
I don't believe the spec considers such issues, and ptx isn't expected
to support variadic functions in the first place ("The current version
of PTX does not support variadic functions" is what the spec has to say;
the gcc port overachieves a little by implementing them anyway).