This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] Add option ftree-stdarg-opt
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Tom de Vries <Tom_deVries at mentor dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 13:26:43 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Add option ftree-stdarg-opt
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54E3301C dot 8010504 at mentor dot com>
On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Tom de Vries <Tom_deVries@mentor.com> wrote:
> this patch adds option ftree-stdarg-opt, which switches pass_stdarg on or
> Pass_stdarg does an optimization on cfun->va_list_gpr/fpr_size, and since
> it's an optimization, it's useful to be able to switch it off in case of a
> problem with the pass.
> This is not a regression or documentation fix, so it doesn't classify as a
> stage 4 patch. I could imagine it still being included in stage4 because it
> adds the possibility for a workaround in case of problems.
> Bootstrapped and reg-tested on x86_64.
> OK for stage1 (or even stage 4)?
New options need to be documented in invoke.texi. I also wonder
if 'stdarg' is a term known to programmers. I'd rather document it
"Optimize the prologue of variadic argument functions with respect
to usage of those arguments"
And please omit 'tree' from the flag, thus -fstdarg-opt
Otherwise generally fine for stage4.
> - Tom