This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [4.8 branch] PATCH: PR middle-end/53623: [4.7/4.8 Regression] sign extension is effectively split into two x86-64 instructions
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 04:30:30 -0800
- Subject: Re: [4.8 branch] PATCH: PR middle-end/53623: [4.7/4.8 Regression] sign extension is effectively split into two x86-64 instructions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150215205339 dot GA26523 at gmail dot com> <20150216093526 dot GA1746 at tucnak dot redhat dot com>
On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 1:35 AM, Jakub Jelinek <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 12:53:39PM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> This is a backport of the patch for PR middle-end/53623 plus all bug
>> fixes caused by it. Tested on Linux/x86-32, Linux/x86-64 and x32. OK
>> for 4.8 branch?
> What about PR64286 and PR63659, are you sure those aren't related?
> I mean, they are on the 4.9 branch and I don't see why they couldn't affect
> the 4.8 backport.
Fix for PR 63659 has been backported to 4.8 branch. I will check if
fix for PR 64286 is needed.