This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH PR target/65058] AIX: missing extern decorations "[DS]" for functions and "[RW]" for variables
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Michael Haubenwallner <michael dot haubenwallner at ssi-schaefer dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 16:05:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH PR target/65058] AIX: missing extern decorations "[DS]" for functions and "[RW]" for variables
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54DE7467 dot 3060901 at ssi-schaefer dot com>
Thanks for noticing this. This patch generally seems to be on the
right track. The original ASM_OUTPUT_EXTERNAL code was not completely
correct in the pedantic sense. It should use [UA] mapping class
instead of [RW] for all non-function descriptor symbols.
This patch also needs a dg-final scan-assembler test to check for [DS]
and [UA] to ensure that this does not regress again in the future.
On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 5:02 PM, Michael Haubenwallner
> Hi David,
> this is the patch I'm currently testing with gcc-4.8.4 for