This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][wwwdocs] Mention xgene-1 in arm and aarch64, FreeBSD support for arm
- From: "Dr. Philipp Tomsich" <philipp dot tomsich at theobroma-systems dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at foss dot arm dot com>
- Cc: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "gerald at pfeifer dot com" <gerald at pfeifer dot com>, Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>, andreast at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 11:20:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][wwwdocs] Mention xgene-1 in arm and aarch64, FreeBSD support for arm
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54DDC968 dot 9050101 at arm dot com> <54DDCE92 dot 1090702 at foss dot arm dot com>
> On 13 Feb 2015, at 11:14, Richard Earnshaw <Richard.Earnshaw@foss.arm.com> wrote:
>> Is this ok?
> The repetitive nature of all these new cpus being added looks rather
> wooden. I think it would be better to merge them into one change block,
> that lists all the cpus and their internal names, then mentions once at
> the end that these names can be used as arguments to -mcpu and -mtune.
I wholeheartedly agree with Richard on this.
>> + <li>Support for the Applied Micro X-Gene processor is now available through
>> + the <code>-mcpu=xgene1</code> and <code>-mtune=xgene1</code> options.
>> + </li>
Please change this to âX-Gene 1 processorâ, as there will be a separate option for âX-Gene 2â
in the future (which will switch to slightly different tuning parameters).