This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][AArch64] Fix illegal assembly 'eon v1, v2, v3'
- From: James Greenhalgh <james dot greenhalgh at arm dot com>
- To: Alan Lawrence <Alan dot Lawrence at arm dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 09:13:58 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][AArch64] Fix illegal assembly 'eon v1, v2, v3'
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54C8D6ED dot 7050206 at arm dot com> <20150128140404 dot GA29191 at arm dot com>
On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 02:04:04PM +0000, James Greenhalgh wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 12:32:45PM +0000, Alan Lawrence wrote:
> > Ok for stage 4?
> This is a regression from 4.9, so once we iron out some nits, it should
> > gcc/ChangeLog:
> > * config/aarch64/aarch64.md (*xor_one_cmpl<mode>3): Use FP_REGNUM_P
> > as split condition.
> And a testcase, please!
> > diff --git a/gcc/config/aarch64/aarch64.md b/gcc/config/aarch64/aarch64.md
> > index bc49fbe68a978b3ca069c6d084f542773df84bcb..d4b3f7b03ba0ab570cec5ce862e8c5f38f417ed1 100644
> > --- a/gcc/config/aarch64/aarch64.md
> > +++ b/gcc/config/aarch64/aarch64.md
> > @@ -3054,7 +3054,7 @@
> > (match_operand:GPI 2 "register_operand" "r,w"))))]
> > ""
> > "eon\\t%<w>0, %<w>1, %<w>2" ;; For GPR registers (only).
> This should be:
> eon\\t%<w>0, %<w>1, %<w>2
> which would have forced a split.
> Your patch is useful regardless, as I guess we could have ended up
> needlessly splitting if we got unlucky with whatever had been left
> in which_alternative.
Do you have any plans to respin this patch? I'd like to see it fixed
for GCC 5.0 if possible.