This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR64979: S/390: Fix setup of overflow area pointer in va_start
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 12:29:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR64979: S/390: Fix setup of overflow area pointer in va_start
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150209095034 dot GA32189 at maggie>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Mon, Feb 09, 2015 at 10:50:34AM +0100, Andreas Krebbel wrote:
> the attached patch fixes a critical problem in the va_start expansion
> code in the S/390 backend. The problem exists since GCC 4.0.
> Ok to commit to 4.9 branch and mainline?
No. This isn't a backend problem, but a bug in the tree-stdarg.c pass,
so should be fixed there, for all targets, rather than just worked around by
pessimizing unnecessarily one target.