This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH v2][MIPS] fix CRT_CALL_STATIC_FUNCTION macro
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at linux-mips dot org>
- To: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Cc: Matthew Fortune <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>, Petar Jovanovic <petar dot jovanovic at rt-rk dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Moore, Catherine (Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com)" <Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 17:46:16 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2][MIPS] fix CRT_CALL_STATIC_FUNCTION macro
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <003e01d04179$ccc38bc0$664aa340$ at rt-rk dot com> <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B0235320FCA3F1 at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <alpine dot LFD dot 2 dot 11 dot 1502061033300 dot 22715 at eddie dot linux-mips dot org> <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B0235320FCAD06 at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <alpine dot LFD dot 2 dot 11 dot 1502061210200 dot 22715 at eddie dot linux-mips dot org> <CAD0D5D4-8D49-4B4B-B59A-E4E6B932B067 at comcast dot net>
On Fri, 6 Feb 2015, Mike Stump wrote:
> > This consideration made me realise I've had a patch outstanding for some
> > 10 years to convert all the `BAL x' instructions there to `BLTZAL $0, x'.
> > This has always been a good idea in case implementations recognised the
> > special case and avoided involving branch prediction, and I believe it has
> > become even more apparent with r6 calling it NAL.
> Ick, no.
Hmm, have you hit `send' too quickly by any chance? There's surely a
further part missing from your post where you'd explain what you mean.