This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, WWWDOCS] gcc-5/changes.html: Mention that C FE can be build as libcc1.so
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Tobias Burnus <tobias dot burnus at physik dot fu-berlin dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 12:13:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch, WWWDOCS] gcc-5/changes.html: Mention that C FE can be build as libcc1.so
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150206094420 dot GA10095 at physik dot fu-berlin dot de>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Feb 06, 2015 at 10:44:20AM +0100, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> I think it is useful to know that one can build libcc1.so - also as
> advertisement. Thus, I propose to include something like the quip in
> the attachment.
> GDB uses it in version 7.9, which is not yet released but already
> branched off.
> OK? - Other suggestions or comments?
Well, I would certainly not describe libcc1.so as C front end built as a
library, there is no FE code in it; it is a library to invoke gcc with
a special plugin, and I doubt it can be easily used for anything but GDB.
> Index: htdocs/gcc-5/changes.html
> RCS file: /cvs/gcc/wwwdocs/htdocs/gcc-5/changes.html,v
> retrieving revision 1.78
> diff -u -p -r1.78 changes.html
> --- htdocs/gcc-5/changes.html 5 Feb 2015 13:52:05 -0000 1.78
> +++ htdocs/gcc-5/changes.html 6 Feb 2015 08:20:50 -0000
> @@ -237,6 +237,10 @@ calloc (size_t x, size_t y)
> <li>The C front end now generates more precise caret diagnostics.</li>
> <li>The -pg option now only affects the current file in a LTO build.</li>
> + <li>The C front end can now also be build as library, which is for instance
> + used by <a
> + href="https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=blob_plain;f=gdb/NEWS;hb=gdb-7.9-branch"
> + >gdb 7.9</a> for compiling source code used for code injection.</li>
> <h3 id="cxx">C++</h3>