This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix DECL_ABSTRACT_P/BLOCK_ABSTRACT handling in dwarf2out.c (PR middle-end/64937)
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 09:50:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix DECL_ABSTRACT_P/BLOCK_ABSTRACT handling in dwarf2out.c (PR middle-end/64937)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150205154250 dot GI1746 at tucnak dot redhat dot com> <276831C0-FC48-484D-A844-88F4C3135ACC at gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Feb 06, 2015 at 09:44:40AM +0100, Richard Biener wrote:
> Looks good to me. I wonder if this will also help Aldyh...
> I also wonder what it takes to make dwarf2out use DECL_ABSTRACT_P ||
> force_abstract with maintaining that new state and whether that would be
> both cheaper and cleaner?
I think that wouldn't be so easy, because we don't make DECL_ABSTRACT_P
all decls we see. In particular we leave out e.g. externs, and handle
differently some non-localized vars. vs. local ones. I think a global flag
couldn't handle this.