This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [MIPS] fix CRT_CALL_STATIC_FUNCTION macro
- From: "Petar Jovanovic" <petar dot jovanovic at rt-rk dot com>
- To: "'Maciej W. Rozycki'" <macro at linux-mips dot org>, "'Matthew Fortune'" <Matthew dot Fortune at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "'Petar Jovanovic'" <Petar dot Jovanovic at imgtec dot com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 20:11:50 +0100
- Subject: RE: [MIPS] fix CRT_CALL_STATIC_FUNCTION macro
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <001501d035e2$72edea20$58c9be60$ at rt-rk dot com> <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B0235320FAF4B7 at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <alpine dot LFD dot 2 dot 11 dot 1501260301170 dot 28301 at eddie dot linux-mips dot org>
> > This is a follow-up to a change  in glibc. It fixes the issue 
> > when jal can not reach a target in different region.
> Is it not a problem that can be solved with rearranging the order of
sections in output?
Is not this more clean solution to it? Otherwise we need to make sure that
__do_global_ctors_aux and call to it from _init () are in the same region.
> You forgot a ChangeLog entry, the lack of which made me chase the bits you
intend to change. :(
I will make a new change with ChangeLog entry.
> You need to use DLA rather than LA for n64. This should have been caught
in testing as a combination of the GAS warning and -Werror should have
caused the compilation to bail out. But perhaps this isn't covered for some
Done in the patch set #2. (It was expanded correctly for N64 though).