This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Work around Firefox -fprofile-generate crash
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 10:34:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: Work around Firefox -fprofile-generate crash
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150204232814 dot GC31160 at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz> <AC87CEBE-C524-4DF1-B2FB-02B29C1EB61E at gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Feb 05, 2015 at 08:20:20AM +0100, Richard Biener wrote:
> On February 5, 2015 12:28:14 AM CET, Jan Hubicka <email@example.com> wrote:
> >this patch avoids ICE in programs that uses multiple copies of libgcov
> >at once.
> >It is just a temporary workaround as discussed in the PR log.
> >Tested on Firefox and comitted.
> I expect this will break on platforms with default -fno-common?
Well, that can be handled by adding
__attribute__((common)) if IN_LIBGCOV, the library is always built with gcc,
isn't it? That said, it still won't help if version script makes it
private, and the size of the structure becomes ABI matter.