This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, Aarch64] Add FMA steering pass for Cortex-A57
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: "Thomas Preud'homme" <thomas dot preudhomme at arm dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 09:17:19 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, Aarch64] Add FMA steering pass for Cortex-A57
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <000401d03192$4901b7e0$db0527a0$ at arm dot com> <CA+=Sn1mUa++ZMuDGLWvT5iqr0GiqBV4ZYPzxck-V7TEuUsspFQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <000001d033e0$d9b14a30$8d13de90$ at arm dot com> <001601d03ae1$6fea40e0$4fbec2a0$ at arm dot com>
On 28 January 2015 at 10:01, Thomas Preud'homme
>> From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:gcc-patches-
>> email@example.com] On Behalf Of Thomas Preud'homme
>> Hi Andrew,
>> cortex-a57-fma-steering.c is really meant to be autosufficient with
>> aarch64_register_fma_steering being the only interface which is why I
>> thought it was not worth the trouble. Now I'm not saying I'm against it
>> as it do make this interface more explicit.
>> I'm currently about to take a plane but I'll change it as soon as I arrive
>> at work.
> My apologies for the delay, got busy when I arrived.
> Please find below (and in attachment for real this time) the updated patch and
> ChangeLog entries.
> *** gcc/ChangeLog ***
> 2015-01-26 Thomas Preud'homme firstname.lastname@example.org
> * config.gcc: Add cortex-a57-fma-steering.o to extra_objs for
> * config/aarch64/t-aarch64: Add a rule for cortex-a57-fma-steering.o.
> * config/aarch64/aarch64.h (AARCH64_FL_USE_FMA_STEERING_PASS): Define.
> (AARCH64_TUNE_FMA_STEERING): Likewise.
> * config/aarch64/aarch64-cores.def: Set
> AARCH64_FL_USE_FMA_STEERING_PASS for cores with dynamic steering of
> FMUL/FMADD instructions.
> * config/aarch64/aarch64.c (aarch64_register_fma_steering): Declare.
> (aarch64_override_options): Include cortex-a57-fma-steering.h. Call
> aarch64_register_fma_steering () if AARCH64_TUNE_FMA_STEERING is true.
> * config/aarch64/cortex-a57-fma-steering.h: New file.
> * config/aarch64/cortex-a57-fma-steering.c: Likewise.
OK but wait for stage-1 to open for general development before you
commit it please.