This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [PATCH 2/3, ARM, libgcc, ping1] Code size optimization for the fmul/fdiv and dmul/ddiv function in libgcc
- From: "Thomas Preud'homme" <thomas dot preudhomme at arm dot com>
- To: "Thomas Preud'homme" <Thomas dot Preudhomme at arm dot com>, "Richard Earnshaw" <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: "Ramana Radhakrishnan" <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 16:18:13 +0800
- Subject: RE: [PATCH 2/3, ARM, libgcc, ping1] Code size optimization for the fmul/fdiv and dmul/ddiv function in libgcc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Thomas Preud'homme [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 1:38 PM
> To: Thomas Preud'homme; Richard Earnshaw; firstname.lastname@example.org
> Cc: Ramana Radhakrishnan
> Subject: RE: [PATCH 2/3, ARM, libgcc, ping6] Code size optimization for
> the fmul/fdiv and dmul/ddiv function in libgcc
> > From: email@example.com [mailto:gcc-patches-
> > firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Preud'homme
> > >
> > > Secondly, in a shared library environment you need to ensure that
> > these
> > > names remain private to the instance linked into the library, so that
> > > you don't end up going through the PLT for each branch between
> > blocks.
> > Right. I'll post something for this shortly.
> My apologies, this is also already the case since these are local symbols.
> The first bleq Lml_s in aeabi_dmul is encoded as 0x0b00006f which is the
> address of the code that starts at Lml_s label just below. I cannot see any
> Lml entry in the plt.
> Best regards,