This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][ARM] Add support for -mcpu=cortex-a72
- From: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramana dot gcc at googlemail dot com>
- To: Matthew Wahab <matthew dot wahab at arm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 13:23:06 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][ARM] Add support for -mcpu=cortex-a72
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54D1F640 dot 3070109 at arm dot com>
- Reply-to: ramrad01 at arm dot com
On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Matthew Wahab <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The Cortex-A72 is an ARMv8 core with the same architectural features as the
> Cortex-A57. This patch adds support for the command line option
> -mcpu=cortex-a72 with the same effect as the -mcpu=cortex-a57 option, with
> only the name being different. It also adds support for the
> -mcpu=cortex-a72.cortex-a53 big-little variant.
> Tested with check-gcc for arm-none-linux-gnueabihf. Tested the new cpu
> options from the command line.
> 2015-02-04 Matthew Wahab <email@example.com>
> * config/arm/arm-cores.def: Add cortex-a72 and
> * config/arm/bpabi.h (BE8_LINK_SPEC): Likewise.
> * config/arm/t-aprofile (MULTILIB_MATCHES): Likewise.
> * config/arm/arm-tune.md: Regenerate.
> * config/arm/arm-tables.opt: Add entries for "cortex-a72" and
> * doc/invoke.texi (ARM Options/-mtune): Likewise.
This is OK - it's purely wiring up a new name and treating that the
same as an existing tune. No new functionality and no point in waiting
for a year for this cpu option to be available for folks.