This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][AArch64] Use target builtin instead of __builtin_sqrt for vsqrt_f64
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 11:38:08 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][AArch64] Use target builtin instead of __builtin_sqrt for vsqrt_f64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54B3EDC9 dot 7080004 at arm dot com>
On 12 January 2015 at 15:52, Kyrill Tkachov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> As raised in https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-12/msg01237.html and
> discussed in that thread, using __builtin_sqrt for vsqrt_f64 may end up in a
> call to the library sqrt at -O0. To avoid that this patch uses a target
> builtin for sqrt on DF mode and uses that to implement the intrinsic.
> With this patch I don't see sqrt calls being created at -O0 on a large
> arm_neon.h testcase where they were generated before.
> aarch64-none-elf testing and the intrinsics testsuite in particular are
> Ok for trunk?
> 2015-01-12 Kyrylo Tkachov <email@example.com>
> * config/aarch64/aarch64-simd-builtins.def (sqrt): Use BUILTIN_VDQF_DF.
> * config/aarch64/arm_neon.h (vsqrt_f64): Use __builtin_aarch64_sqrtdf
> instead of __builtin_sqrt.