This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
GO tools for gccgo cross
- From: "Lynn A. Boger" <laboger at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com" <gofrontend-dev at googlegroups dot com>
- Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 13:52:42 -0600
- Subject: GO tools for gccgo cross
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I've been experimenting with the go tools and how to make them work for
cross gccgo builds.
In golang I think there is just one 'go' tool and the cross build
targets are specified by the setting of GOARCH and GOOS. So why
couldn't the same be done with gccgo?
That means, on any given system, I think we just need to build the
native gccgo and the go tools that are built with it. No need to build
different go tools for each cross target. If a cross build is needed,
then set the GOARCH and GOOS values appropriately and invoke the native
go (for gccgo) tool. Source changes are needed for the go tool source
to determine the correct cross compiler name based on the GOARCH and
GOOS settings, and then use that cross compiler where needed for
building or linking instead of always using "gccgo". I was able to make
these changes and get this to work -- I built gccgo programs targeted
for ppc64le on an x86_64.