This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch+7.9] compile: Filter out -fpreprocessed
- From: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 10:50:40 -0800
- Subject: Re: [patch+7.9] compile: Filter out -fpreprocessed
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150116224234 dot GA6176 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net>
On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Jan Kratochvil
> It is wrong that gcc puts -fpreprocessed into DW_AT_producer - I may post a gcc
> patch for it.
I wasn't aware there are now rules for what can and cannot go in DW_AT_producer.
DW_AT_producer has gone from being informational to having a formal
spec (in the sense that something will break if, for example, a
particular option is mentioned).
Is this spec written down somewhere? [At least guidelines for what
things may lead to breakage?]