This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Merge current set of OpenACC changes from gomp-4_0-branch
- From: Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ilya Verbin <iverbin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Thomas Schwinge <thomas at codesourcery dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 13:00:00 +0000
- Subject: Re: Merge current set of OpenACC changes from gomp-4_0-branch
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87egqvu77s dot fsf at schwinge dot name> <20150116231632 dot GB48380 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <20150123172053 dot GA22341 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <87lhkpr70s dot fsf at schwinge dot name> <20150126143426 dot GA8810 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com> <20150127140741 dot 3f6d650b at octopus> <20150203112844 dot GA54416 at msticlxl57 dot ims dot intel dot com>
On Tue, 3 Feb 2015 14:28:44 +0300
Ilya Verbin <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi Julian!
> On 27 Jan 14:07, Julian Brown wrote:
> > On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 17:34:26 +0300
> > Ilya Verbin <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > > Here is my current patch, it works for OpenMP->MIC, but obviously
> > > will not work for PTX, since it requires symmetrical changes in
> > > the plugin. Could you please take a look, whether it is possible
> > > to support this new interface in PTX plugin?
> > I think it can probably be made to work. I'll have a look in more
> > detail.
> Do you have any progress on this?
I'm still working on a patch to update OpenACC support and the PTX
backend to use load/unload_image and to unify initialisation/"opening".
So far I think the answer is basically "yes, the new interface can be
supported", though I might request a minor tweak -- e.g. that
load_image takes an extra "void **" argument so that a libgomp backend
can allocate a block of generic metadata relating to the image, then
that same block would be passed (void *) to the unload hook so the
backend can use it there and deallocate it when it's finished with.
Would that be possible? (It'd mostly be for a "CUmodule" handle: this
could be stashed away somewhere within the nvptx backend, but it might
be neater to put it in generic code since it'll probably be useful for
other backends anyway.)