This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Change __ARM_NEON__ to __ARM_NEON in libcpp/lex.c
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Ramana Radhakrishnan <Ramana dot Radhakrishnan at arm dot com>, Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 15:43:08 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Change __ARM_NEON__ to __ARM_NEON in libcpp/lex.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54CB7E9B dot 5030107 at arm dot com> <54CBD818 dot 6080402 at redhat dot com> <54CF98F0 dot 90808 at arm dot com>
On 02/02/15 15:34, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> On 30/01/15 19:14, Richard Henderson wrote:
>> On 01/30/2015 04:52 AM, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
>>> When running natively on AArch64 the preprocessor did not use the
>>> AdvSIMD optimized search_line_fast function, because it was ifdefed
>>> around by __ARM_NEON__ instead of __ARM_NEON.
>> Yes, sorry I didn't follow up on that from September:
>> You also want to change to use vaddvq_u16 instead of
>> the current vpadd and vget_lane reduction.
>> I was going to wait until stage1 to resubmit this.
> that's a bigger change, can it be a separate patch
> or do you plan to do it together with the ifdef fix?
I think the two should be separated. The existing code will work on
AArch64, even though it could be improved upon.