This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, testsuite]: Cleanup dumps
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <rep dot dot dot nop at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 09:49:15 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, testsuite]: Cleanup dumps
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFULd4Z=DM4GwUfBJVugNXsm0XM6-9eB5cwH0gxOwC+QKtQ7sg at mail dot gmail dot com> <7B4175B2-2FAA-4A96-943B-06B379D03C75 at gmail dot com> <4420E8FB-D61F-4F61-8A86-6ADE01B235E9 at comcast dot net> <FFFCE31D-72C2-4542-9A1D-2C67E8DE07D8 at gmail dot com> <089F97D9-DDFA-420E-8BCA-353F704B0A94 at gmail dot com>
On Jan 31, 2015, at 1:55 PM, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> What about the -Wcomment question?
I don’t consider it linked in anyway to the patch at hand. I’m not a big fan of the default flags being much different than the flags the user normally sees. That said, would be nice to avoid this issue. The best way forward I can think of would be a wholesale change to // style comments in the test suite for all test cases that accept that language. // is standard C and C++, and by convention, I think they are fine in Objective-C and Obective-C++.
> And can you help with the two ??? maybe?
Which type of help?