This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: The nvptx port [0/11+]
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 12:53:03 +0200
- Subject: Re: The nvptx port [0/11+]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54451994 dot 9070209 at codesourcery dot com> <CAFiYyc1C24cam9GWfNuOMOiaJhdD5Z95O9aXGHi6Zo8apHta2g at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 10/21/2014 10:18 AM, Richard Biener wrote:
So with this restriction I wonder why it didn't make sense to go the
HSA "backend" route emitting PTX from a GIMPLE SSA pass. This
would have avoided the LTO dance as well ...
Quite simple - there isn't an established way to do this. If I'd known
you were doing something like this when I started the work I might have
looked into that approach.