This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C/C++ diagnostics guidelines (was: Re: [C PATCH] Enable initializing statics with COMPOUND_LITERAL_EXPR in C99 (PR c/63567))
- From: Manuel López-Ibáñez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>, Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 20:39:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: C/C++ diagnostics guidelines (was: Re: [C PATCH] Enable initializing statics with COMPOUND_LITERAL_EXPR in C99 (PR c/63567))
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAESRpQD_o8FQ2KBVp0JbygZC9-95TdoUi3w=6He7KY_TAEtd2g at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1410171733100 dot 22473 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAESRpQCFoyY3OUkCz0Va1nd2gDStKikJF-nLanCL9+_J=TZniw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 17 October 2014 20:04, Manuel López-Ibáñez <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 17 October 2014 19:33, Joseph S. Myers <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, 17 Oct 2014, Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
>>> Thus, I drafted some guidelines
>>> Please, could you take a look and comment whether I got it right/wrong?
>> Yes, that looks right to me.
> I added guidelines also about locations and warning options.
I believe there are also some rules about when to use some special
line-map functions that arise when warning about macros like NULL, but
I am not aware of the specifics. It would be useful if someone added
Dodji, Paolo? Do you know what I'm talking about?