This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C PATCH] Make -Wno-implicit-int work in C99 mode
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 16:20:39 +0000
- Subject: Re: [C PATCH] Make -Wno-implicit-int work in C99 mode
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141017114706 dot GS10501 at redhat dot com>
On Fri, 17 Oct 2014, Marek Polacek wrote:
> C99 mode warns about defaulting to int by default, but without
> the possibility to suppress the warning with -Wno-implicit-int.
> This is likely to arouse the ire of the users, especially with
> the new default.
> Therefore the following patch tweaks warn_implicit_int in such
> a way that -Wimplicit and -Wimplicit-int should work as intended
> (following the rule that more specific option takes precedence
> over the less specific). There should be no changes in GNU89
> Bootstrapped/regtested on x86_64-linux, ok for trunk?
Joseph S. Myers