This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: -fuse-caller-save - Collect register usage information
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Tom de Vries <Tom_deVries at mentor dot com>
- Cc: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 15:09:55 -0700
- Subject: Re: -fuse-caller-save - Collect register usage information
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <534ED7BC dot 50300 at mentor dot com> <535798F0 dot 7070809 at mentor dot com> <344F2F85-3D3A-4D50-8D95-B3E820581EF3 at comcast dot net> <1934759 dot KususQOCne at polaris> <5440387C dot 7060202 at mentor dot com>
On Oct 16, 2014, at 2:28 PM, Tom de Vries <Tom_deVries@mentor.com> wrote:
> So I'd say the documentation is in fact correct.
Agreed. I was confused. Apparently my mind likes to think in volatile and non-volatile (call-clobbered and non-call-clobbered) and I managed to map it wrong in my mind and not catch that fact I mapped them wrong.
> So, let's a generate a list of option names.
> Any preferences, alternatives?
So, since I was confused, my primary reason for not liking the option name was misguided.