This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR debug/38757 gcc does not emit DW_LANG_C99
- From: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, jakub at redhat dot com, jason at redhat dot com, richard dot guenther at gmail dot com, aldyh at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 12:17:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR debug/38757 gcc does not emit DW_LANG_C99
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1412763235-23197-1-git-send-email-mjw at redhat dot com>
On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 12:13:55PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> This patch was written a long time ago by Jakub and has been in Fedora
> gcc for some time. All I did was rebase it to current gcc trunk
> and add a testcase. Back when it was originally proposed the issue was
> that because DWARF was generated late adding new lang hooks for this
> was problematic for LTO. Now that there is a move towards generating
> DWARF early I am hoping this patch can finally make it to mainline gcc.
> This lang hook will be more useful when DWARFv5 gets out, which is
> supposed to define language identifiers for newer C and C++ versions.
It might have been discussed elsewhere, so sorry for not paying attention,
but what about DW_LANG_C11?