This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: fix mode confusion in caller-save.c:replace_reg_with_saved_mem
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at embecosm dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 11:38:11 -0600
- Subject: Re: RFA: fix mode confusion in caller-save.c:replace_reg_with_saved_mem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAMqJFCrfcoFTagdcAoA6k_kbS=zx80SRYdyiXZ76u8n3YxODSw at mail dot gmail dot com> <5432E65B dot 50809 at redhat dot com> <CAMqJFCrDG6orf+-tvVAonoW4ca+mQ+-uwio_JqajERxc05n5Uw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 10/06/14 20:57, Joern Rennecke wrote:
On 6 October 2014 19:58, Jeff Law <email@example.com> wrote:
What makes word_mode special here? ie, why is special casing for word_mode
the right thing to do?
The patch does not special-case word mode. The if condition tests if
cover multiple hard registers.
If that would be the case, smode is replaced with word_mode.
SO I'll ask another way. Why do you want to change smode to word_mode?