This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Java PATCH] Generate declarations in jvgenmain.c
- From: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 10:32:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Java PATCH] Generate declarations in jvgenmain.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141006095400 dot GP3503 at redhat dot com> <20141006210048 dot GA4346 at blokker dot redhat dot com>
On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 11:00:48PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 06, 2014 at 11:54:00AM +0200, Marek Polacek wrote:
> > Java testsuite breaks with -std=gnu11 as a default and/or with
> > -Wimplicit-function-declaration on, since the jvgenmain.c program
> > that generates a C file containing 'main' function which calls either
> > 'JvRunMainName' or 'JvRunMain' does not generate forward declarations
> > for these functions. The fix is obvious IMHO.
> > Bootstrapped/regtested on x86_64-linux, ok for trunk?
> I cannot approve (java) patches, but it does look ok to me.
> With one nitpick. JvRunMain is only used when -findirect-dispatch
> is given, and otherwise JvRunMainName is used. So you could output
> only the actually used forward declaration by checking if (indirect).
Yeah, that will be better.
> If no java maintainer responds, try CCing email@example.com
> to draw their attention.
Done (separate mail). Thanks.