This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] PR debug/63240 Add DWARF representation for C++11 defaulted member function.
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Siva Chandra <sivachandra at google dot com>
- Cc: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>, Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely at redhat dot com>, Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 20:55:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] PR debug/63240 Add DWARF representation for C++11 defaulted member function.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1412341922-7891-1-git-send-email-mjw at redhat dot com> <1412341922-7891-2-git-send-email-mjw at redhat dot com> <542EB00A dot 8040605 at redhat dot com> <1412346943 dot 5933 dot 36 dot camel at bordewijk dot wildebeest dot org> <542EB895 dot 2020705 at redhat dot com> <1412357525 dot 5933 dot 38 dot camel at bordewijk dot wildebeest dot org> <CAHACq4qATvGbJ6AdAM5_piksfUOaTfsif9Wpq6vDwOfszQtFQw at mail dot gmail dot com> <542EFCE2 dot 703 at redhat dot com> <CAGyQ6gwLqZnMv1PmMq=qg_aoKMJ3Ttd44vmn6kFJc3c9wyOzDg at mail dot gmail dot com> <543038ED dot 3030201 at redhat dot com> <CAGyQ6gzic=A2pkE2RjJV+B=EvCL+DxscPWs4Yqx2NF+dPH9oDw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 10/06/2014 08:50 PM, Siva Chandra wrote:
On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 11:14 AM, Jason Merrill <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
On 10/03/2014 05:41 PM, Siva Chandra wrote:
I understand that knowing whether a copy-ctor or a d-tor has been
explicitly defaulted is not sufficient to determine the parameter
passing ABI. However, why is it not necessary? I could be wrong, but
doesn't the example I have given show that it is necessary?
An implicitly declared 'tor can also be trivial.
But, the question is whether it is required to determine the parameter
passing ABI. If there is no special marker to indicate that the user
declared 'tor is explicitly defaulted, then GDB could (in the absence
of other properties which make the 'tor non-trivial) incorrectly
conclude that the the 'tor is user defined, and hence not-trivial.
I've been thinking that we should just mark the 'tor as trivial or not
directly rather than hint at it. Does GDB have enough information to
determine triviality if we just add defaulted info?