This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] PR debug/63240 Add DWARF representation for C++11 defaulted member function.
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>, Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, jwakely at redhat dot com, Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 15:45:38 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] PR debug/63240 Add DWARF representation for C++11 defaulted member function.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1412341922-7891-1-git-send-email-mjw at redhat dot com> <1412341922-7891-2-git-send-email-mjw at redhat dot com> <542EB00A dot 8040605 at redhat dot com> <1412346943 dot 5933 dot 36 dot camel at bordewijk dot wildebeest dot org> <542EB895 dot 2020705 at redhat dot com> <1412357525 dot 5933 dot 38 dot camel at bordewijk dot wildebeest dot org> <CAHACq4qATvGbJ6AdAM5_piksfUOaTfsif9Wpq6vDwOfszQtFQw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 10/03/2014 02:41 PM, Cary Coutant wrote:
O. Then I was indeed wrong and defaulted does not impact ABI at all.
At least that is one worry less for the abi checkers :)
As Siva mentioned, it does in fact impact the ABI. A class with a
non-trivial destructor is not a POD, and affects the calling
convention, so the debugger needs to know the difference.
Yes, but defaulted does not imply trivial (though the converse is true),
so knowing whether a declaration is defaulted is neither necessary nor
sufficient to determine the parameter passing ABI. It would be good to
represent trivial_fn_p in the DWARF.