This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] PR debug/63240 Add DWARF representation for C++11 defaulted member function.
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, jwakely at redhat dot com, Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 11:41:28 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] PR debug/63240 Add DWARF representation for C++11 defaulted member function.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1412341922-7891-1-git-send-email-mjw at redhat dot com> <1412341922-7891-2-git-send-email-mjw at redhat dot com> <542EB00A dot 8040605 at redhat dot com> <1412346943 dot 5933 dot 36 dot camel at bordewijk dot wildebeest dot org> <542EB895 dot 2020705 at redhat dot com> <1412357525 dot 5933 dot 38 dot camel at bordewijk dot wildebeest dot org>
> O. Then I was indeed wrong and defaulted does not impact ABI at all.
> At least that is one worry less for the abi checkers :)
As Siva mentioned, it does in fact impact the ABI. A class with a
non-trivial destructor is not a POD, and affects the calling
convention, so the debugger needs to know the difference. C++ ABI
I've submitted a DWARF proposal to document the use of the
DW_AT_artificial attribute on a default copy constructor or