This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] SPARC: add mcpu=leon3v7 target
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Daniel Hellstrom <daniel at gaisler dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com, Sebastian dot Huber at embedded-brains dot de, software at gaisler dot com
- Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 23:22:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] SPARC: add mcpu=leon3v7 target
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1408546862-8236-1-git-send-email-daniel at gaisler dot com>
[Sorry for the long delay]
> The LEON3/4 soft-core CPU has support for both SPARCv7 and SPARCv8 that
> is configurable at design time. The majority of the LEON3 ASICs are v8
> compatible, however when designing an as small LEON3 as possible, v7
> without FPU is frequently used.
> The current GCC leon3 support implies the SPARCv8 instruction set
> which is not compatible with SPARCv7. Relying on the standard SPARCv7
> (-mcpu=v7) target for a LEON3-V7 is not feasible since the atomic
> instruction (CAS) can not be generated by standard v7 target. This
> is also a problem for binaries aiming to be compatible with all LEON3/4
> * config.gcc (sparc*-*-*): Accept mcpu=leon3v7 processor
> * doc/invoke.texi (SPARC options): add mcpu=leon3v7 comment
> * config/sparc/leon.md (leon3_load, leon_store, leon_fp_*):
> handle leon3v7 as leon3
> * config/sparc/sparc-opts.h (enum processor_type): Add PROCESSOR_LEON3V7
> * config/sparc/sparc.c (sparc_option_override): add leon3v7 support
> * config/sparc/sparc.h (TARGET_CPU_leon3v7): new define
> * config/sparc/sparc.md (cpu): add leon3v7
> * config/sparc/sparc.opt (enum processor_type): Add leon3v7
OK for all branches (it should apply everywhere I think).
I don't remember if I already asked... does Aeroflex/Gaisler have a copyright
assignment on file for GCC? If so, do you also want to have SVN write access?