This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Add support for GNU/Hurd in gnat-4.9
- From: Matthias Klose <doko at debian dot org>
- To: svante dot signell at gmail dot com, Samuel Thibault <samuel dot thibault at gnu dot org>
- Cc: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>, Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, debian-ada <debian-ada at lists dot debian dot org>, Debian GCC Maintainers <debian-gcc at lists dot debian dot org>
- Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 20:06:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add support for GNU/Hurd in gnat-4.9
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1400507259 dot 4830 dot 40 dot camel at G3620 dot my dot own dot domain> <20140519135318 dot GA18851 at adacore dot com> <1400509438 dot 4830 dot 45 dot camel at G3620 dot my dot own dot domain> <20140519142541 dot GA876 at adacore dot com> <1400658599 dot 4830 dot 92 dot camel at G3620 dot my dot own dot domain> <20140521080340 dot GY5623 at type dot youpi dot perso dot aquilenet dot fr> <1400660416 dot 4830 dot 99 dot camel at G3620 dot my dot own dot domain> <20140521082935 dot GR5623 at type dot youpi dot perso dot aquilenet dot fr> <20140521083331 dot GA3232 at adacore dot com> <1400661894 dot 4830 dot 111 dot camel at G3620 dot my dot own dot domain> <20140521084813 dot GC5739 at type dot bordeaux dot inria dot fr> <1408565566 dot 12038 dot 55 dot camel at G3620 dot my dot own dot domain>
Am 20.08.2014 um 22:12 schrieb Svante Signell:
> On Wed, 2014-05-21 at 10:48 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>> Svante Signell, le Wed 21 May 2014 10:44:54 +0200, a écrit :
>>> On Wed, 2014-05-21 at 10:33 +0200, Arnaud Charlet wrote:
>>>>>> I think the majority of work has bee done, Now that patch will change
>>>>>> slightly for every missing feature added to Hurd.
>>>>> Then it's all good, it's a matter of what I said above.
>>>> Don't forget also the part where general changes are done in GNAT which
>>>> require update to target specific files: these typically require someone
>>>> to regularly test each port to detect any missing update, and report/fix
>>>> them, even if GNU/Hurd hasn't changed itself.
>>> With the help from the dabian-ada people, especially Ludovic Brenta,
>>> gnat has been running on GNU/Hurd in Debian since gcc/gnat-4.6.3.
>> Then it's all good. Just say that you wish to continue maintaining
>> things like this, and upstream will be happy.
> Attached is the updated ada-hurd.diff patch for GNU/Hurd. It builds fine
> with gnat-4.9.1-1 and gcc-4.9.1-7. This patch now has the same amount of
> files as the kFreeBSD patch. Hopefully it can be material for upstream,
> but at least in Debian the Hurd port would be on par with kFreeBSD.
> Regarding remaining code commented out or irrelevant comments in the new
> file s-osinte-gnu.ads, please help me to iron out the left-overs.
the patch is at least missing the ChangeLog entry. Also it is only tested using
the Debian package based on the 4.9 branch, and which includes a bunch of local
ada patches which are not forwarded upstream for years. Please prepare and test
your patch with current trunk for upstream submission.
> Ludovic, can you consider using this file as ada-hurd.diff for next
> upload of Debian gnat-4.9?
> For clarity: I wish to continue to maintain the Ada port for Hurd, with
> the help of the Debian Ada and Hurd people, with or without being
> imported upstream.
I disagree. Debian's current local ada patches are a mess, and no effort is made
to cleanup these and forward these upstream. If the Debian Ada people can't do
this, please do it yourself.