This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: __intN patch 1/5: convert-move optimization
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:30:35 -0600
- Subject: Re: __intN patch 1/5: convert-move optimization
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201408132210 dot s7DMAUI7016357 at greed dot delorie dot com>
On 08/13/14 16:10, DJ Delorie wrote:
This patch is part of the __intN series, but is independent. It
provides an additional optimization opportunity, since the MSP430 does
a lot of conversions between HImode and PSImode.
* expr.c (convert_move): If the target has an explicit converter,
A bit surprised we need it since I recall conversions between HImode and
PSImode being "reasonable" on the mn102 eons ago. But we may have
changed something since then which is causing us to bounce to SImode
first these days.