This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Move -fbuiltin from c.opt to common.opt and change it to common group
- From: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: Kito Cheng <kito dot cheng at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 12:26:41 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Move -fbuiltin from c.opt to common.opt and change it to common group
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+yXCZAFMtz1rxakrRgWC5FAg=aBj4onh=bcry2V3OyscbOtDg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, 28 Aug 2014, Kito Cheng wrote:
> Hi all:
> -fno-builtin is seem not only for the c family front-end, but also
> used in LTO now, so move it to common.opt and change it to `Common`.
Please leave it in c-family and just add LTO to the set of supported
languages. -fno-builtin isn't meaningful for other frontends
and we just happen to use the flag.
If then it makes more sense to move -fhosted and -ffreestanding
though I don't know how meaningful those are for other frontends.
Or create a "proper" flag to communicate that the middle-end
should avoid creating new calls to builtins at all cost
(well, that's really what -ffreestanding is about).