This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] genemit: Print name of splitter to dumpfile
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:29:40 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] genemit: Print name of splitter to dumpfile
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <3e6eee2a9977e9f18dc654f54f3199e8ee953219 dot 1408320228 dot git dot segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
On 08/17/14 18:15, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
Currently, the splitter dumpfiles only say "scanning new insn with uid = N."
and "deleting insn with uid = N.". This makes it hard to track down which
splitter actually fired, especially so if there are many similar splitters
and one is slightly broken.
This patch makes the splitters write their name to the dumpfile when they
are called. As a side benefit it also becomes obvious in the dumpfiles
what "new insn"s belong together with what "deleting insn"s.
Bootstrapped and regression tested on powerpc64-linux, no new failures;
is this okay for mainline?
OK once you add a ChangeLog entry.