This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Fix typo
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Evandro Menezes <e dot menezes at samsung dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: 'James Greenhalgh' <jgreenhalgh at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 13:14:47 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Fix typo
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <010d01cfb8a5$75436760$5fca3620$ at samsung dot com>
On 15/08/14 17:24, Evandro Menezes wrote:
> I tripped at a typo that goes undetected because the macro NAMED_PARAM
> doesn't apply in the absence of designated initializers.
> Since struct scale_addr_mode_cost has the cost for DI, but not for QI, the
> instances of struct cpu_addrcost_table are not initialized as intended due
> to the different order of the structure members.
The fix is OK, but the ChangeLog entry is not.
1) This change should be recorded in gcc/ChangeLog
2) The leading gcc/ part of the filename is then not needed
3) The text is inadequate. You need to mention the names of the objects
that have been changed (generic_addrcost_table, etc in this instance)
and what changed.
4) ChangeLog entries should not be included in diff format - the diff
will never apply in practice and it just makes more work for the
reviewers to fix things up. Put the ChangeLog data in the main body of
I've fixed all that up this time and committed it as follows:
2014-08-26 Evandro Menezes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* config/arm/aarch64/aarch64.c (generic_addrcost_table): Delete
qi cost; add di cost.