This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] Fix __ENVIRONMENT_MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED__
- From: James Clarke <jrtc27 at jrtc27 dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 07:04:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] Fix __ENVIRONMENT_MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED__
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1408989818-40728-1-git-send-email-jrtc27 at jrtc27 dot com> <E1D2390D-226C-44EA-9EB5-90BF42EF5A5F at comcast dot net>
So I should just take that particular check out then?
> On 25 Aug 2014, at 21:05, Mike Stump <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On Aug 25, 2014, at 11:03 AM, James Clarke <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Previously, this macro had taken the form 10X0, where X is the minor
>> version number, e.g. 1090 for OS X 10.9 Mavericks. However, as of OS X
>> 10.10 Yosemite, it should take the form 10XX00, i.e. 101000 for 10.10.
> So, if they continue using the same scheme, Iâd prefer to future proof this (I donât like software time bombs) so that 10.11.0 works as well as 10.12.0 and so on.
> We didnât do this last time, as we were unsure how the numbers would work out. Now, it is much safer to see what the likely format will be.
> Could you try that?
>> - if (major_vers > 4 + 9)
>> + if (major_vers > 4 + 10)
> I think this is the only thing that has to change.