This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ PATCH to support non-constexpr variable templates
- From: ville dot voutilainen at gmail dot com
- To: jason at redhat dot com
- Cc: andrew dot n dot sutton at gmail dot com,admin at maniacsvault dot net,adam at jessamine dot co dot uk, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:08:27 +0000
- Subject: Re: C++ PATCH to support non-constexpr variable templates
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAFk2RUaCvOsUZOqRN7jM+mj3QU16Pv4gaDfW0icbNK70-F_qdQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <53FAA54B dot 4000902 at redhat dot com> <CAFk2RUa=STZYVpw1XO=qr7O7+4UNYzbVrX7bi9uWPkXf+gDteQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <53FB305E dot 1040901 at redhat dot com>
On Mon Aug 25 2014 15:47:26 GMT+0300 (EEST), Jason Merrill wrote:
> On 08/25/2014 05:24 AM, Ville Voutilainen wrote:
> > Well, it's a bit premature to add tests when the implementation itself is not
> > quite complete, I guess. :) Having ICEs makes it hard to add tests, too. :P
> But tests are how you verify that the implementation is complete.
> Anyway, here's a fix for your recent test.
Thanks, I'll take a look at the tests and will send a patch if something seems missing; static member variable templates of a class template and explicit specializations thereof are the likely starting point.