This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] gcc/gcc.c: XNEWVEC enough space for 'saved_suffix' using
- From: Chen Gang <gang dot chen dot 5i5j at gmail dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Cc: "Bin.Cheng" <amker dot cheng at gmail dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, rth at redhat dot com, gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 05:31:31 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gcc/gcc.c: XNEWVEC enough space for 'saved_suffix' using
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53D126DC dot 8030609 at gmail dot com> <53DAC502 dot 5040403 at redhat dot com> <53E6528C dot 8030309 at gmail dot com> <D49CD01C-B1C8-47DE-9A75-CA6E96965B4A at comcast dot net> <53E72A21 dot 2000904 at gmail dot com> <53F08862 dot 3050003 at gmail dot com> <CAHFci29u1qC6G_oELPhAm3mrEVRe_7zqwyZO8w6cW5JFnB2yxw at mail dot gmail dot com> <53F1D023 dot 3020008 at gmail dot com> <234D268D-B6B5-46E9-B0CE-87FE4AC3285E at comcast dot net>
On 08/22/2014 12:18 AM, Mike Stump wrote:
> On Aug 18, 2014, at 3:06 AM, Chen Gang <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> - one for original latest gcc source code (master for 20140816).
>> - one for my modification based on the original latest gcc source code.
>> - they passed building, but for make check, they reported same issues:
> So, I see no evidence that you ran contrib/compare_tests yet. Did you? If so, what was the output?
>> For only sending my patch, may I bypass them,
> So, the output of the make check is uninteresting, only the regressions identified by compare_tests are interesting. If none, then you’re set wrt the current patch.
OK, thanks. At present, under Fedora 20 x86_64, it passed normal
- "../gcc/configure && make && make check" succeed (echo $? == 0).
- "contrib/compare_test dir_orig dir_new" succeed (echo $? == 0).
- The related output of "contrib/compare_test" are:
# Comparing directories
## Dir1=/upstream/build-gcc: 11 sum files
## Dir2=/upstream/build-gcc-new: 11 sum files
# Comparing 11 common sum files
## /bin/sh ./compare_tests /tmp/gxx-sum1.7678 /tmp/gxx-sum2.7678
# No differences found in 11 common sum files
>> and then I shall try to analyze them one by one in another time, next?
> You can, if you want. For example, there is a PR on the darwin issue that has state in it. Roughly binds local is slightly wrong and need fixing.
OK, thank. I shall still try the Darwin, next, in another time, although
it is not related with my new patches for sending.
At last: Thank all of you very much for your much help, and I shall send
related patch next.
Open share and attitude like air water and life which God blessed