This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: [PATCH, ARM] Fix incorrect alignment of small values in minipool
- From: "Thomas Preud'homme" <thomas dot preudhomme at arm dot com>
- To: "Richard Earnshaw" <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 11:54:52 +0800
- Subject: RE: [PATCH, ARM] Fix incorrect alignment of small values in minipool
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <000501cfb538$bedfae80$3c9f0b80$ at arm dot com> <53E8849E dot 4010200 at arm dot com> <000001cfb6cb$188e29a0$49aa7ce0$ at arm dot com> <53F1D69E dot 3090704 at arm dot com>
> From: Richard Earnshaw
> Sent: Monday, August 18, 2014 6:34 PM
> > The problem is that in the pattern for constable_4 we don't have the
> > about the access mode for this entry. In the testcase along this patch the
> > manipulated in the pattern is VOIDmode while the access mode is HImode.
> > dump_minipool on the other hand the information can be found in mp-
> I think it would be better to make sure the mode field never contains
> VOIDmode. That's not really useful information.
I'm a bit confused. In the chapter about modes (13.6) of the gcc internal documentation
VOIDmode is said to be the correct mode for constant. You want me to change this?