This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] gcc/gcc.c: XNEWVEC enough space for 'saved_suffix' using
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Chen Gang <gang dot chen dot 5i5j at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "Bin.Cheng" <amker dot cheng at gmail dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, rth at redhat dot com, gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 12:23:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gcc/gcc.c: XNEWVEC enough space for 'saved_suffix' using
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53D126DC dot 8030609 at gmail dot com> <53DAC502 dot 5040403 at redhat dot com> <53E6528C dot 8030309 at gmail dot com> <D49CD01C-B1C8-47DE-9A75-CA6E96965B4A at comcast dot net> <53E72A21 dot 2000904 at gmail dot com> <53F08862 dot 3050003 at gmail dot com> <CAHFci29u1qC6G_oELPhAm3mrEVRe_7zqwyZO8w6cW5JFnB2yxw at mail dot gmail dot com> <53F1D023 dot 3020008 at gmail dot com> <CAHFci2-1w0DXxPESG2QVvq041k_rvj5D3BXTiyr90yXmGuoT-Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <53F1D29E dot 3050808 at gmail dot com> <53F4B017 dot 60104 at gmail dot com> <EC09EF28-C25A-43FA-8304-B53C0597F3C1 at comcast dot net> <53F4E90D dot 1070700 at gmail dot com>
On Aug 20, 2014, at 11:29 AM, Chen Gang <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> It sounds useful to me. At present, my PC is 4 core, so I guess, -j2
No, -j4…. should be around twice as fast as -j2 on your machine (assuming you aren’t memory starved (4GB or more)).
> for 2 directories are enough. This time (without "--disable-multilibs),
> I still use 1x, for I am not sure that it must be success.
Right, the -j won’t impact correctness, only speed of result.